CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy 30th!

Today Addy's sister, Anjie, turns 30! On Addy's birthday, she posted pictures and memories of the two of them on her blog... and now it is time for clarification and memories that Addy has of her sister.

So, we'll start with clarification...

Anjie posted the following:
Once when we were sharing a room, just before falling asleep I ended up getting a bloody nose. I sat up and got the blood as it flooded out of my nose. I asked Addy to turn the light on but she wouldn't. My hands were cupped holding blood and I had to sort it out.

Clarification (from Addy's point of view):
The bloody nose... yes, I refused to turn on the light. However, in the end I did get up and turn the light on. When I saw that she actually had blood in her hands, I got some toilet paper for her. I may not have done it in the nicest way, but I didn't leave her there completely helpless.

Memories Addy has of Anjie:
We shared a room most of our growing up years and as we got older, our Mom let us share the Master Bedroom. More space allowed for more arrangements of the furniture. We used to spend a whole Saturday re-arranging the furniture to Anjie's liking. We also had to move the pictures on the wall each time. She even made a diagram of the room and furniture to save time. Now when you go to our houses, Addy's furniture stays in the same place for years and Anjie's is constantly changing!

Anjie made a yellow cake with white frosting and marshmallows when we were about 7 and 9. I ate it and then remembered that it didn't settle very well. I had to throw up and when I went to the bathroom, she was in there and told me to wait. I ended up tossing the cake on the carpet in front of the bathroom.

Anjie has the toughest nails I have ever seen... she must have inherited that from Mom. They were her weapons and as her little sister, I saw and felt them a lot! I have scars to prove it.

We babysat a lot and earned money to buy Barbie's. Whenever we played, her Barbies were always out on dates and we'll say they were very promiscuous. My Barbies were always babysitting the kids... hmm?

As we grew up, we got along better. Anjie used to have me go with her to Walgreens... no, not the one down the street, but the one at the old Tri-City Mall. I wonder why?

When Anjie was working at the Post Office, she didn't have the best hours. During the summer, she would come home around 3am and we would go swimming and look at the stars.

When Anjie got home from her mission, she had to have someone continue to be her companion until she got released. I remember going with her to Walmart and after the release we went to Cold Stone and sat in the hot tub at Heatherbrooke.

We were sitting in line waiting to get into Star Wars Episode 2 or 3 with Ryan and one of his friends. Somehow the subject of discussion was 'games'. Ryan mentioned that I said Anjie was a cheater... since she would selectively tell me rules when she was teaching me how to play a game (e.g. Monopoly). Anjie was so disturbed by the comment that she straightened her hand and proceeded to do some karate move to my neck... you know the one that can make someone go unconscious? It didn't knock me out, but it hurt!

Finally, Anjie and I used to listen to lots of music. This included things that we were exposed to from our four older brothers and sisters. One was the Mini Pops... so Anjie... this is for you!

">

3 comments:

Lori said...

How funny...loved reading this post. It makes me remember the fun times me and my sisters had.

Love the music you found. We listened to it too.

Happy Birhtday! Sisters are the best!

Unknown said...

Addy. My barbies were not promiscuous. They were always married and just following the Prophets council to have children. They always got pregnant. How can I help it that I understoon that you had to have sex to have children! Thanks for the birthday wish and the memories.

Crystal Star said...

Too funny. I love sister memories! Happy bday Angie and Addy. Oh wait that was in july :)