Ethan turned three today. He has been so excited about his birthday - getting cards in the mail, opening the cards, and singing 'Happy Birthday' to himself. We planned a laid back birthday party with a small group of friends. Running in the water from the 'orange caterpillar', water blasters (squirt guns), bubbles, and a ton of balloons... what else could a three-year-old want? He seemed to be enjoying himself until he got hungry. We also planned for pizza, soda, cake, and ice cream, but Ethan didn't want to wait for pizza. He had several fits during the party, but overall seemed to enjoy having his friends over. Thanks to all who came and for bringing so many fun gifts!
We also planned for an evening out with Ethan's grandparents. What kid wouldn't want undivided attention from his parents and grandparents? We had to wake Ethan up from his nap, so he wasn't in the best of moods. He seemed to enjoy dinner at his favorite restaurant, Pei Wei, and only had one outburst. Thanks Grandma Louise, Grandpa Eric and Grandma Pat for coming and celebrating with us!

By the end of the day Ethan was quite excited about his new gifts and also very tired. He had a few fits before bath and one BIG one after. Big enough to have the Gilbert Police Department show up. Apparently, one of the neighbors heard a child crying on their baby monitor and it wasn't theirs. They were concerned and called the Police, who then walked the neighborhood listening for a crying child. They heard screams come from our house, so stopped by at 10:30 to make sure everything was okay. Who knew that we would ever have the cops stop by under the suspicion that we were beating our child? An experience that we will never forget!
Happy Birthday Mr. Ethan Tanner! We are so glad that you're in our family and that we get to help you learn and watch you grow. You're very particular about many things, love movies, books, and music, and have a memory like an elephant. You're totally awesome!



3 comments:
Oh dear, sorry about the cops showing up! yikes! Darn tantrums! Happy Late Bday Ethan!
Sounds like a fun party, but I'm sorry about all of the fits. Maybe I don't want Spencer to grow up after all! Ethan sure is a cutie though and I'm glad things are still going well with your pregnancy.
Keaton is throwing huge fits lately, I'm pretty sure most people at stores and things think I'm beating him especially when I am practically dragging him cuz I have an arm full of groceries, etc. Also, cries...he cries over everything, no tears just cries. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've also been told don't expect him to really behave at church until 4....good luck to Ethan and the 3's :)
Post a Comment